Recognizing contributions of coaches in communities across Nova Scotia
Vip is a coaching program created to recognize the contribution of coaches in communities across Nova Scotia. The Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation, through Support4Sport and the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic (CSCA), along with Sport Nova Scotia, have collaborated to make the vip program possible.
This program is designed to raise the bar for what it means to be a coach in Nova Scotia. Vip participants are supported and part of a broader community who are leading the way, creating a positive impact on the lives of everyone in the provincial and community sport sector.
The VIP Program brings together qualified and dedicated coaches into a unique community.
What do I have to do to be accepted?
To officially obtain the vip coaching status, you must meet the following criteria:
- Sign Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) Code of Conduct
- Obtain three Professional Development points within the past 12 months
- Complete Safe Sport Training*:
- Commit to Kids
- Coaching Association of Canada Safe Sport Training
- Making Ethical Decisions
- Trained or Certified to coach the level of sport indicated in your application
- Submit a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Abuse Registry*
*Coupon codes will be provided so you can complete the training at NO CHARGE.
Why do I want to be a vip coach?
Upon acceptance into the vip program you will be rewarded the following:
- Under Armour Kit ($250+ value)
- Under Armour Discounts
- Connections with a variety of coaches across Nova Scotia
- Professional Development opportunities and resources
- 50% off the Atlantic Coaches Conference
- Monthly coach socials
- Entered into monthly draw for Cleve’s gift cards