How to get funding
Support4Sport funding is managed and distributed by Sport Nova Scotia, a non-profit, non-government organization, representing over 60 provincial sport organizations and more than 120,000 registered sport participants.
Support4Sport can help you and your sport organization by:
- Purchasing sport equipment
- Creating and enhancing current programming
- Supporting performance training opportunities for athletes
- Creating full-time positions such as provincial coaches, officials and technical directors
Nova Scotians can apply for funding in six program areas:
- Individual Coach Initiatives – Funding individual coaches for certification or training initiatives. Coaches are supported based on the quality of their initiative and their ability to assist Nova Scotian athletes at all levels. Generally, funding is not available for traveling to events with athletes.
- Individual Official Initiative – Funding individual officials for certification or training initiatives. Officials are supported based on the quality of their initiative and their ability to assist the Nova Scotia sport system at all levels.
- Athlete Assistance – Based on pre-existing criteria, determined through the cooperation of Sport Nova Scotia, the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic and Nova Scotia Health & Wellness, funding is available to high-performance athletes in Nova Scotia.
- Participation: Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) Projects – Funding active and associate members of Sport Nova Scotia for organizational initiatives to increase participation as well as support the development of coaches and officials.
- Participation: Development Support – Funding PSOs to support their participation development programs; and,
- Coach Employment – Funding PSOs to support new investments in full-time coaching. Through Canada Sports Centre Atlantic, some funding already exists for PSOs who meet national standards in this area. Individuals filling these positions act as the provincial coaches and technical development leaders for their respective organization.