The Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation is committed to protecting the confidentiality and integrity of personal information you submit.
- Personal information submitted or collected will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
- Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes collected.
- Only the information necessary for the purposes that have been identified will be collected.
- Before your personal information is submitted to the Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation, your consent must be given for the collection of it.
What do we mean by personal information?
Personal information means any information that is about an identifiable individual or that identifies you as an individual. It could be anything that identifies you, such as your name, address, your S.I.N., your birth date or your fingerprint.
What do we do with the personal information gathered from you?
The Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation does not give personal information gathered to third parties except with your express permission or as permitted under legislation. We do not sell, rent or lease personal information gathered.
We may release or use your personal information under the following circumstances:
- You have given your consent in writing.
- It is for a purpose related to why we collect your information.
- Legislation permits us to do so.
- We are required to do so under law.
Access to your information
Google and other third-party web applications
NSGC websites use a variety of web applications, including Google Analytics to provide users with relevant information and to enhance their online experience. Through these applications, Google collects users IP addresses. You have the ability to decline providing the information by refusing cookies in your browser. However, this may prevent personalized services from being provided and you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features available.
To learn more about how Google collects and stores IP address, please see Google’s Privacy Centre. Further information on Google Applications and Google’s policies on the protection of personal information, can be found through Google’s Privacy FAQ.